Sunday, January 10, 2016

Playpens

My Aunt has been writing my daily logs while my mom and dad came to NC from CA. They are here now and my aunt is being kind enough to keep writing my daily story. Today, my older brother a Toy Rat Terrier was put in a playpen when everyone left.  I still have free range of the house, but he is starting to not be able to control when he pees and poops so he was put in a nice playpen.

I thought it was mean, but Little Man had toys, a bed, a blanket, and got some goodies.  He was his barking self, but enjoyed it.  Sadly, he proved why he needed the playpen when he peed and pooped in there right after he had come in from outside where he had peed :(  He was not too bothered by it, and ate his good pushed the blanket to where he wanted then fell asleep on it.  He was able to see my sleeping spot on the floor, and when he woke up I was able to kiss him.  Little Man was able to kiss me back and then went back to sleep.  I watched for a few minutes and then went and fell asleep on the couch.
I got to go on my normal walk today, dad took me instead of the Big Guy (grandpa).  It was his first time taking me since he moved in last night.  I got to show him the neighborhood, it was lots of fun.  We didn't see any of the other dogs in the neighborhood for me to introduce him to, but there is time.  Auntie took me for my afternoon walk after she walked Little Man.  This was a great walk  I got to walk with the Toy Poodle three doors down.  We like each other and got to spend time catching up.
Apparently her human has been putting a fleece jacket on her because she was so cold this past week, she claims it helped her stay warm for her mile walks.  There was a nice one that didn't look too silly and the Velcro made it easy to put on.

My aunt was nice and didn't embarrass me too badly, she got me a pink raincoat with reflective tape on it.  It kept me dry when the rain was really heavy, and I couldn't hold it any longer.

When we finished our walk, my Auntie sat down and let me cuddle with her on the couch while she watched a Jaws marathon.  I don't fully understand TV but apparently she enjoys the bad special effects of these movies.
When my dad got back he had new car, it smelled kind of funny so I jumped in and then right back out.  I was told it is new car smell, it doesn't smell right.



Human note: the playpen idea allows for the dogs to see each other, smell each other, and offer a bigger area for Little Man to play in than a crate.  If you have a dog who is not able to control their pee/poop and don't want to crate them every time you leave the house this might be something for you to consider.  A tarp underneath means that you can wipe away any pee/poop that might be done.  A fluffy fleece blanket to lay and walk on can also be thrown in the wash when there is an accident, as well as a bed that can be put in the wash is a great option.   I put some links to reasonably priced supplies for these items below.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment