Friday, January 29, 2016

We now share the couch

I know I started out as the youngest of the four, Mom and Dad had two cats and Little Man before I came into the picture, but for the five weeks before they all moved in with MomMom, the Big Guy, and Auntie I was the only one here.  I had full run of the house, and still do, and had a specific routine for the day and places that I liked to sleep.  One of those places was on the couch next to the Big Guy.
See, didn't we look comfortable?  Now Little Man seems to have taken that spot.  At first I felt slighted, I mean that was my spot and I thought the Big Guy stopped liking me.
With Little Man taking my spot I spent serious time on my window bench, looking at the world and trying to figure out what to do.  It took me some time, but today we figured it out.  When Auntie came home she found me on one side of the Big Guy and Little Man on the other.  I jumped off and ran to greet her before she could get a picture.  My new place to sleep was only slightly different than the one prior to everyone showing up.
I have also found that a surprising benefit of Little Man being here is that I get more walks.  The Big Guy takes Little Man and I out for a half loop of the development, because that is all Little Man can do with his arthritis and tiny legs.  Then I get a full loop, that is like one and a half walks for me :)  
We each get to use the extendable leashes when the Big Guy walks us, mom and dad use the 6 foot leashes.
With the melting snow on my multiple walks today I got mud all over my belly I was told it is a good thing the groomer is coming tomorrow.  I wonder if I can convince my humans to not send me to the groomers but to buy some tools and groom me themselves?  Auntie helped me search Amazon and I found some stuff mom and dad could buy to groom me instead of putting me in a car and taking me to a groomer.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment