Sunday, January 31, 2016

Grooming Day

It was grooming day today.  At first I thought I was being taken to a groomer, but nope Auntie has found a groomer that comes to us.  Which is great, because even with a Dog Anxiety Calming Wrap I completely panic in the car and cannot handle car rides at all.
This was a trip in December, and it didn't go well for me.  Thankfully Aussie Pet Mobile comes to the house.  The groomer was wonderful, I want to do a before and after photo.  This is a photo of me before the groomer came this morning.
You may not see much of a difference, but I smelled better (at least Mom, Dad, and Auntie said I did).  And this is me after the grooming, which took an hour.  My nails were clipped and filed, my ears were cleaned, and even my private area got a cleaning - I will not talk about that.  I got shampooed and rinsed several times.  The groomer, a very nice lady who also gave me treats, sang and danced with me the entire time.  I liked her she can cut my fur anytime she wants if she sings and dances with me.  The mud that was hard to get out of my fur and paws from all the melting snow and puddles that were created are all gone now.
I also got a very cute pink tie with hearts on it for Valentine's Day.  Auntie moved it to the side, because I kept trying to lick it.  Hey we all do strange things when we get nervous and right as I came inside, my older brother was handed off and went out the door.
In the middle of my panic of having Little Man separated from me I decided the only thing to do was sit and stare at the door from about 5 feet away.  I can tell you nothing scary or bad happened in the grooming van, other than getting wet, which I am not overly fond of, but I panicked about what it would be like for Little Man to be by himself with a stranger.  I was worried at first that I wouldn't be given back to my family, but I was able to see through the window that we didn't move.
I waited for about 30 minutes, which was less time than it took for me to be groomed, apparently him being smaller means it take less time to dry him and clean him.  Mom has washed him in the bathroom sink before, what can I say Little Man is small.  When he finally came back inside I was ready to jump all over him.  He smelled so good, we both did in fact.  Auntie said I almost smelled like a strawberry or her favorite shampoo.  Mom said Little Man looked GQ, what does that mean?
I laughed because he had a tie on, and Auntie had taken mine off.  However, Mom put it right back on so she could try and take pictures of us together, we weren't very cooperative.  Sorry, no picture of both of us in our Valentine's Day ties.
Grooming Day isn't so bad, we can do this again any time Auntie or Mom feels it is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment