Friday, January 22, 2016

Snow Day!

My whole family was stuck inside the house today, because of the white stuff falling from the sky today.
My routine was altered, but I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Auntie took me outside for my morning walk, it was chilly, and she put me in my raincoat because she thought the fleece lining would help me stay warm.  Does she not notice my nice fluffy fur?  I humored her, because I love her and she was going to take me for my morning walk.  It was lots of fun, I even got to run for a bit, but Auntie said she can't run on the ice so I was only able to go as far as the extendable leash would let me.  Auntie was nice and tried to cover me with the umbrella, but that takes the fun out of the walk.  When we came back and Dad and MomMom were doing something in the garage.  The Big Guy took me outside again, apparently me not pooping was a concern.  Have you ever had to stick your butt out in the ice to poop?  It is cold and I don't recommend it unless you are forced to, I was forced to.
Little Man was also forced to go outside, he ran to the bottom of the steps peeped and pooped then ran right back inside.  His small size means he didn't have to go for the walk in order to get tired and take our morning nap.  With all my humans home, I got to pick where I would take my morning nap.  I checked all the beds and decided that the couch near the Big Guy was the normal place and the best place.  However, I rotated to everyone's bed at some point during the day, because I wanted them to know I loved them all.  I also watched the snow fall from my window bench, and saw some deer.  I don't fully understand deer but they are not in my yard so I didn't bark.  Mom saw them and joined me on the window bench to watch, then Dad let me outside to sniff the air.  I went but came right back in and decided that I would stay inside for the rest of the day - it is COLD OUT!
At lunch, I got to snag some cheese steak from Dad, cheese from Auntie, and an egg sandwich from MomMom.  This is way better than just trying to get food from the Big Guy and Mom.  Little Man was asleep on the couch so I didn't have to share either.  We have separate food bowls and water bowls, but we have to share the "goodies" after meals.  After lunch I went upstairs and napped on Auntie's bed then on MomMom and the Big Guy's bed.  It was great, because Auntie was able to snuggle with me when I went to her bed.  
With it being so cold out I thought hanging out inside was better than going out on the deck to smell the air.  It was an odd day, and my daily routine was confused, but having everyone home and in the house all day was awesome.  I am not really sure what makes a day a snow day, but I like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment