Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Tornado Warning....

There was a tornado warning where I live.
This is what it meant to me and Little Man:
Our humans' cell phones kept making loud beeping sounds, even when we were walking.
Our afternoon walk was not fun, I kept smelling something odd in the air.  Auntie was walking me since the Big Guy hurt his knee (he took Little Man since he walks slower).  However, I did not want to stay out too long.  MomMom eventually followed us in her car, but we were 5 houses down from where we live so I just ran to the house.  The wind was really strong, and the lights flickered in the house a few times.  Auntie lit the nice smelling candle and then got a flashlight to be safe.  I decided since we were inside it was time to take a nap.
I was really glad we were inside, because the rain was really bad.  MomMom, the Big Guy, and Auntie said it was actually hail.  I don't know what that is and it looked and sounded like rain.
I kept a steady watch on the backyard to make sure the trees didn't fall over, because it was windy. Thunder can sound scary, but Auntie pet my back and told me she was here and she would protect me.  I acted brave for her.  Then it was all over, the rain stopped, the thunder stopped, the sky turned blue, and the phones stopped making those annoying beeping sounds.  Mom came home and all was right with the world.
I got some pizza crust for dinner, I like pizza.
Today's lesson: Severe Weather alerts mean annoying sounds from the cell phones and snuggles with my humans while I watch the backyard to make sure it is safe.

Little Man and I are still sleepy from doing the quick walk before the storm came.  He is too tired to jump up on the couch or make the snuggle ball 'just right'.  The Big Guy is on the couch with his leg elevated to help his knee, he really hurt it the other day :(



No comments:

Post a Comment